Let’s say you’ve got a big expense coming up and need to save $1,000 in the next 30 days. (Congratulations for deciding to save rather than going into debt!) While this may sound like an impossible goal, it’s not. All you have to do is put your mind to it, start immediately and adopt some of these proven money-saving tips.
- The first step is to create a very tight, very detailed budget. Account for every dollar you spend and slash everything that’s non-essential.
- Stop going out for meals and entertainment. This may sound harsh, but it’s only for a month, right? And the savings can be significant
- At the end of each day, throw your spare change into a jar. Make it worthwhile by including everything from $5 bills and below.
- Use cash for everything for one month. That lets you see and feel exactly how much you’re spending AND keeping in your pocket.
- Sell stuff you don’t need anymore. List unnecessary furniture, electronics, fashions, etc. on eBay or Craigslist, or have a garage sale. Consider selling gold from old jewelry.
- Work more. Again, it’s only for a month! Volunteer for overtime, take a part-time job, teach classes or offer consulting services.
If you’d like more ideas on how to reduce expenses and save money fast, please give us a call today!
403 990 4817 – Carolina Paredes
Calgary Mortgage and Real Estate Professional